Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Hobbie

I have been working with granite for over 3 years and in the counter top business for over 13 years. I started making small pieces of furniture from the beginning out of scrap. My first table consisted of two different colors of granite glued together, with a piece of cherry tree as the leg. The base is made of solid surface.


This table did sell, but I decided not to sell it at the time. Now I have decided the time is right to share my talents, and start selling my work to those who appreciate one of a kind items.




These are all original designs that I have created from my own thoughts. They are unique, creative, and each one has special meaning to me as well as to others that see them.

Thirteen years ago I started in the soild surface countertop business. I quickly became an expert in the production of soild surface material. I would experiment with the material to see what I could and could not do with it. I would expose it to different chemicals for different effects. Once I let a piece sit in Acetone for a week, and after a week it had etched it in such a way that is sparked my curiousty. From an idea of a good friend of mine (Carl Williams), I started to make clocks. In a matter of 3 years I made over a hundred different clocks. I sold a few of them for a descent profit, but ended up giving most of them away. I still have a few left.

4 comments:

  1. I really like how each table is so unique. My favorite one is the one with the cherry tree as the leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave, welcome to the blogging world. You finally did it!! Remember way back I told you how fun it was and you should get on board? I'm proud of you. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Dave! It's your cousin Ryan....very cool blog, I enjoyed reading it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tables are beautiful. Ryan sent me your blog link and I have been browsing it!
    Aunt Edna

    ReplyDelete