Monday, February 1, 2010

Sacramento

Amy and I went to Sacramento a few weeks ago to visit her family. George and Amy and their 3 girls, Sara, Kate and Juliette. Gideon and Becky and of course Nathan ummm, I mean Tripp! I had never met George and his family and I hadn't met Gideon and his wife. Amy took me to see the Sacramento Temple which was dedicated in 2006. It is a very pretty Temple and I love the trees around it as well. Amy also took me and Sara and Kate to San Fransisco. I've never seen the Golden Gate Bridge and now I understand all of the commotion and that bridge. It's dang big!! We walked across it and got to see a really big ship pass under us. After that we rode the B.A.R.T. into S.F. It goes pretty fast and under the ocean between Oakland and S.F. When we got into S.F. Amy showed us a really big mall, about 8 stories and the escalators were curved like half moons. We went all the way to the top and back then we went and rode the famous San Fransisco Trolleys to Ghirardelli Square and back. That was totally worth it! On our last day in Roseville, we met up with my brother in law, Shane. He has a job with Cal Trans. We had a ton of fun and miss George and Amy, Gideon and the rest and of course we miss Sacramento, but we don't miss the drive. Here are some pics from our trip. (Click on pics to enlarge)



F-22 Rapter flying over the bridge.
Another F-22.
More F-22's.Don't Jump!!! There is hope!
Amy, Sara and KateAmy and Dave

Alcatraz.
Bay BridgeWe rode this Trolley to Ghirardelli Square.
We rode this one back.

4 comments:

  1. It was a much needed and wonderful trip. I had a fun time being the "tour guide". I am always happy when I am around my family. The best part was spending this time with my sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sign on the bridge! I went to Alcatraz but we never made it to the bridge and I wish we had :( Maybe next time.
    Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post fun trip
    love
    anandad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures - I SO want to see Alcatraz, like GO there! Anyway, looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete